Zucchini and Tomatoes
This fresh take on a old classic is a tasty side for any main dish or serve over chicken and pasta for a complete MyPlate meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pound zucchini, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced,
or a 16-ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Cover pan, reduce heat, cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.