Watermelon Tomato Salad
Combine watermelon and tomatoes for a refreshing summertime treat. This dish is great way to make vegetables part of your breakfast and fruit part of your dinner.
- 5 cups seeded watermelon, cut into 2-bite-sized cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut into 2-bite sized cubes
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- black pepper to taste
- Combine watermelon and tomatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar and salt, tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir in onion, vinegar, and oil. Cover and chill 2 hours. Serve chilled, if desired. Sprinkle each serving with black pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts per serving
Lettuce leaves, feta cheese, and chopped mint are optional garnishes and not included in the recipe analysis.