Classic Macaroni & Cheese
This classic mac and cheese is sure to please any time of year! Sprinkle on a few diced fresh veggies just before serving for a pop of color and a little crunch.
- 2 cups macaroni
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups evaporated fat-free milk
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1¼ cups low-fat cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions to saucepan and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine prepared macaroni, onions, and the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.