Oven Fried Fish
This light tasting tilapia is worth a try if you are new to cooking fish. Oven frying ensures an even cooking temperature throughout the process yielding a wonderful crunch. Want to spice it up a bit? Substitute your favorite flavored salt for the amount of regular salt called for in the recipe.
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 4oz. tilapia fillets, fresh or thawed
- ½ cup cornflakes, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 fresh lime or lemon, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. While oven is preheating, melt butter in 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle fish filets with salt or seasoned salt of your choosing.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and pepper.
- One at a time, dip fish fillets in egg mixture then crushed cornflakes.
- Arrange fish fillets in the pan, turning to coat with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve topped with lime or lemon slices.