Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Filled with zucchini and whole wheat flour, this super moist Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread offers chocolate chips in every bite. Pair with a glass of low-fat or fat-free milk for a rich and complete snack.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 ½ cups zucchini, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg, vanilla, melted butter, apple sauce and zucchini. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Add chocolate chips and gently mix to combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove loaf from pan and continue to cool about 5 more minutes before slicing.