Sauteed Summer Squash
Whether you have zucchini squash, yellow crookneck squash, zephyr or patty pan, this simple side brightens any meal.
- 4 medium summer squash of choice (zucchini, yellow, zephyr, et.), cut into ¼-inch thick rounds or sticks
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil or butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat (350 °F in an electric skillet).
- Add garlic and zucchini then sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano, if desired.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve immediately.