Easy Pesto Pasta
Try this hearty Pesto Pasta when you're craving fat and carbs. Pair it with a salad and some grilled meat or poultry and you've got a full meal!
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta, uncooked
- 1 package 10-oz frozen spinach, thawed, well drained
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
- 2 cloves garlic or 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons tub margarine
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 ounces crumbled cheese
- In a blender (or food processor), combine spinach, oil, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and basil. Pulse at medium speed until finely chopped.
- Melt margarine in water. With blender or processor running, gradually pour in melted margarine mixture until blended.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Toss pesto with cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve.