Blueberries are a great source of fiber, immune-boosting vitamin C, and antioxidants. Why not try adding them to your pancakes? This recipe works well with fresh or thawed blueberries.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups low-fat or fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Fruit sauce or berry jam for topping (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water. Break eggs into a clean, large bowl. Be sure to wash your hands after handling the raw eggs. Add milk and oil. Mix well.
- Add the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and sugar to the milk mixture. Stir just enough to wet the flour.
- Gently mix in the blueberries. Cook pancakes on a lightly greased griddle or frying pan.
- Cook until the pancakes are full of bubbles and the under-surface is lightly browned. Lift with a spatula and flip over. Lightly brown the other side.
Nutrition Facts per serving