Tips for Holiday Eating
Many of our festivities during the holiday season involve food and beverages. All that delicious food and beverage can lead to over-eating and unintentional weight gain.
As we enjoy the holiday session let’s learn few tips on well-being with to end the year happy and healthy and get a good start on the new year.
Here are some tips for eating during the holiday season:
- Budget your food calories and spend them on the right foods.
- Eat slowly to give your brain and stomach time to determine if it is full.
- Drink water as you eat and check-in on your appetite.
- Keep your distance from the food to avoid the temptation to overeat.
- Shop for food on a full stomach to avoid making unhealthy food choices.
- Always leave room on your plate for fruits and veggies.
- Avoid alcohol on an empty stomach or it can lead to an increased appetite.
Enjoy the holidays and think before you eat!