Konnecting with Kris Blog
Connect with Saline County FCS agent Kris Boulton.
Family Friendly July 4th Recipes
Patriotic Berry Parfait
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ to ½ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup natural or low-fat granola
- Honey (optional for topping)
- Wash strawberries and blueberries.
- Cut strawberries into small chunks.
- Begin creating your parfait by layering the bottom of the glass with strawberries.
- Next, add a layer of yogurt. Then add a layer of blueberries.
- Last, add a layer of granola. Repeat layers if necessary.
- Optional: top with honey.
- 8 C plain popped popcorn (no butter)
- 1/4 C Blue Candy Melts
- 1/4 C White Candy Melts
- 1/4 C Red Candy Melts
- 1/4 C Red & Blue M & M candies
- Red & Blue Sprinkles
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Spread the popcorn in a single layer on the lined cookie sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the blue candy melts for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted and smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle on top of the popcorn. Immediately Red & Blue Sprinkles on top of the melted blue Candy Melt.
- Add the white candy melts to a separate microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth. Drizzle on top of the popcorn. Before the white chocolate hardens.
- In a third microwave safe bowl, microwave the red candy melts and drizzle all over the popcorn. Immediately place the red & blue M&M candies on top of the melted red chocolate.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour to allow the chocolate to completely harden.