Game Day Snack Swaps
Game Day snacking can get your New Year's Resolutions off track. Keep moving forward with these healthy swaps.
The big game is this weekend and if you’re like me, you’re mighty tempted by all the unhealthy game day snacks available at the party. Here are a few healthy Game Day swaps for you to try this year.
- ½ cup of water
- 2 pounds of frozen chicken wings
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Favorite Wing Flavor
- In a pressure cooker on top of your wire rack, add the water and two pounds of frozen chicken wings.
- Pressure cook wings for five minutes.
- When time is up, quick release your pressure cooker by moving from seal to vent.
- Remove chicken after all pressure is released and pat dry chicken with a paper towel.
- Preheat air-fryer to 390 degrees.
- Toss chicken with the olive oil and transfer to air-fryer. Air-fry chicken for 15 minutes tossing chicken at 7 minutes.
- When chicken is finished, toss chicken in your favorite low-calorie wing flavor.
- 1 jicama
- ½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons at olive oil
- Peel and cut jicama into slices
- Combine spices and set aside
- In a medium bowl, toss jicama in olive oil. Then add spices and toss.
- Pre-heat air-fryer to 400 degrees
- Place jicama in air fryer and cook for 20-25 minutes. Rotate jicama every 5 minutes for even cooking.
Air-Fried Jicama Fry Nachos
Using the Jicama fries, top with low-fat cheese and your other favorite nacho toppings and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.
Here are some ideas for healthy nacho toppings:
- Low-Fat Cheese
- Black Beans
- Low-Fat Sour Cream
With these healthy swaps, I am sure you can stick to your new year resolutions and enjoy the Big Game without feeling the guilt. Let me know what your favorite game day snacks are!