CREATE BRIDGES Support Resources
CREATE BRIDGES Regional Steering Committees and Leadership Team would like to offer some resource guidance and resources for our CREATE regions: Ozark Foothills (Sharp, Fulton, Izard) and 3Cs (Howard, Little River, Sevier).
Join the conversation on the "Future of Rural Chambers of Commerce" with CREATE BRIDGES' Brandon Mathews and Shelley Short, vice president of programs and partnerships at the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce/Associated Industries of Arkansas and Executive Director of Arkansas Economic Developers & Chamber Executives .
|Google My Business
Creating a 'Google My Business' Profile (7:37)
Managing 'Google My Business' on Desktop (10:56)
Managing 'Google My Business' on Mobile App (3:54)
Creating Your Facebook Business profile (9:45)
Managing Facebook Business profile (4:28)
Claiming Your Tripadvisor profile (8:56)
Creating Your Tripadvisor Account (8:08)
Creating Your Yelp profile (7:43)
Claiming and Managing Your Yelp profile (9:24)
Managing Your Yelp profile on Mobile App (4:19)
Arkansas Extranet Step-By-Step Demonstration by Suzanne and James Babb, 3Cs Regional Steering Committee Members and owners of Pepper Creek Properties (3:00 minutes)
Highlights from the Q & A include:
- All listings on Arkansas.com are free.
- Short-term rental owners have separate listings for each cabin or cottage.
- You can have up to 20 images on your listing and they should be 800 pixels wide.
- Event dates require a beginning and end date (even for one day events) and ensure you save progress when adding an event by clicking the green add date button. You can add multiple dates to an event to show it's annual and add the word "annual" to your event listing.
- Update your listing photography regularly.
- Your listing can be included in up to five categories and change listing seasonally. For two businesses in one property you can list them separately (for up to 10 listings)
- To get a featured listing, reach out to your CJRW sales person.
- Chambers can have all cities in one listing or make each city separate. Becoming a DMO on the site is the best way to help your community on the Extranet. It allows you to create and edit listings in the county you're the DMO in.
- You can see the number of people engaging with your listing in the dashboard of your Extranet account. Search and SEO work on the site the same way they do in websites so it's important to add keywords to your description and write in easy to understand language.
COVID-19 has impacted everyone, but small businesses in particular have experienced challenges and disruption unlike they’ve ever known before. Keeping this in mind, together with Retail Minded, we want to offer you guidance and actionable insight to help you move forward in our continuously changing commerce landscape – ultimately helping to bring some relief to small businesses during this time of crisis.
In this 3-webinar series, you can look forward to gaining:
- Trusted insight specific to small businesses, including retailers, restaurants & more
- Actionable strategies that include free resources to lean on & learn from
- Supportive insight from industry retail expert, Author & Small Business Saturday Spokesperson, Nicole Leinbach Reyhle
Overcoming Obstacles: How Independent Retailers & Restaurants Can Find Success Despite
Competition, Challenges & COVID-19 (1:01:28)
Digital Marketing Efforts to Help Connect, Communicate & Convert Customers to Your
Unique Retail Business (37:13)
10 Action Steps to Re-Building Your Retail Business (44:45)
Business owners face perilous times during the COVID-19 pandemic, especially those in rural communities. We've started the Arkansas Small Business: Big Rural Impact podcast to hear from rural business owners in two regions: Ozark Foothills (Izard, Sharp, and Fulton counties) and 3Cs (Little River, Howard, and Sevier counties).
For more information on COVID-19, check out the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture website (www.uaex.uada.edu/covid19). For immediate quarantine and isolation sheltering needs for homeless or displaced individuals, please call 501-661-2136.