Small Steps to Health & Wealth
Small Steps to Health and Wealth™ is a national Cooperative Extension program designed to help you reach personal finance and health goals.
Learn proven behavior change strategies. Discover tips for success. Improve your health and increase your wealth.
Download Free Factsheets & Worksheets
Small Steps to Health and Wealth™ was built around a framework of 25 research-based behavior change strategies. Browse the factsheets and select two or three strategies to get started. Use the worksheets to define your plan and monitor progress. Small steps lead to big change.
- Track Your Current Behavior
- Unload Your Childhood Baggage
- Put Your Mind to It
- Commit to Making a Change
- Defy Someone or Defy the Odds
- Think Balance - Not Sacrifice
- Control Your Destiny
- Make Progress Every Day
- Get Help and Be Accountable
- Meet Yourself Halfway
- Say "No" to Super-Sizing
- Convert Consumption into Labor
- Compare Yourself with Recommended Benchmarks
- Use Easy Frames of Reference
- Automate Good Habits and Create Templates
- Live "The Power of 10"
- Take Calculated Risks and Conquer Your Fears
- Appreciate Teachable Moments and Wake-Up Calls
- Weigh the Costs and Benefits of Changing
- Step Down To Change
- Kick It Up a Notch
- Control Your Environment
- Monitor Your Progress and Reward Success
- Expect Obstacles and Prepare for Relapses
- Set a Date and Get Started....Just Do It!