Leadership Lunch and Learn: Boles Shares Formula for Resolving Conflict
Jack Boles, a retired University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture, shared his experience with conflict and formula for resolution while serving as a county extension agent in Newton County during the July session of Leadership Lunch and Learn.
Boles described the history of different factions in Newton County and how he was tapped to serve as a facilitator to build common ground.
He defined conflict as the emotional, verbal, written, or physical expression of differences regarding wants, needs, or expectations between two or more individuals.
His conflict resolution process involves the following steps:
- Find a good time and place to talk.
- Discuss the problem/Clarify issues/Identify needs.
- Generate a variety of options (brainstorming).
- Choose a solution that works for everyone.
- Try the solution. If it doesn’t work, go back, and renegotiate.
The topic for the next Leadership Lunch & Learn session is Managing for Trust and is scheduled for August 25, from 12:15-1 p.m.
For more information about the series, contact Julie Robinson, email@example.com or Lisa Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org.