Arkansas Government Contracting Specialists
University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service APEX Accelerator staff have over 50 years of combined experience in government procurement. Our knowledgeable staff can help you register as a government vendor, read a solicitation, and help you prepare your bid. How do you perform the award or handle contract close-out? Our counselors have the know-how. At Arkansas APEX Accelerator, we speak Procurement.
Need help registering in SAM (System for Award Management), reading a solicitation, or working on your bid?
We can help! We offer one-on-one assistance to our clients. Contact us today to get started.
Melanie Berman - Program Director
- Over 15 years of experience in the field of community and economic development.
- 9 years of experience as a Project Manager of federally funded cooperative agreements.
- Over 3 years of experience as an Awards Officer of federally funded grants and contracts.
- Former Regional Director for APEX Accelerators in Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
- Member of the Association of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers.
- Lifelong public servant, former Peace Corps and AmeriCorps member.
- Former member of the Little Rock Sister Cities Commission, promoting cultural and economic development opportunities within the state of Arkansas.
- MPA, University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- B.A., Mass Communications, University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Karey Collins - Administrative Specialist
Savanna George - Client Intake Specialist
- Over 3 years of case management experience
- Over 5 years of public service experience and program development
- MPS, University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service
- B.S., Social Work, Harding University
Tim Hicks - Procurement Counselor
- 21-year veteran, United States Air Force (USAF)
- Certified VA-Verification Assistance Counselor (VAC)
- Former Arkansas Department of Finance (DFA) Office of State Procurement Specialist
- Vendor of the Year, Arkansas Association of Chiefs of Police (AACP)
- State of Arkansas licensed teacher, with over 12 years in education, presented training on local, state, national and international levels
- M.S., Operational Management, College of Engineering, University of Arkansas
- B.S., Criminal Justice Administration, Park University
Tierra Hutley - Procurement Counselor
- Seven years experience writing and evaluating bid solicitations for public and private entities
- Five years experience as the Procurement Manager at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Served for three years as the Secretary and Treasurer for the Arkansas chapter of NIGP - The Institute for Public Procurement
- MPA, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Kim Magee - Outreach Coordinator
Available to speak to:
• Business Owners
• Chambers of Commerce
• Civic Groups
• Community Leaders
• Elected Officials
• Economic Developers
• Anyone who is interested in learning about Arkansas APEX Accelerator, the services we provide and the potential benefits APEX Accelerator offers to businesses and local economies.
Kimberly Randle - Procurement Counselor
- Over 13 years of experience in community engagement, governmental affairs and economic development across multi-state regions.
- Over 14 years of foundation, non-profit and philanthropic leadership at the local, state, and national level.
- 10-year tenure serving the citizens of Arkansas as central staff for the Arkansas General Assembly.
- University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture LeadAR Class 16 graduate.
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
Flora Tate - Procurement Counselor
- Over 15 years of experience in the fields of project management, contract analysis, accounting, information technology, event planning & management
- Small Business Owner
- Previous AmeriCorps Volunteer
- B.A. Information Technology with an emphasis on Networking
- Studying for her M.B.A at Western Governors University with an estimated completion date of 2024