Tips for Managing Stress During Times of Uncertainty
by Pamela Luker
With the COVID-19 crisis taking place, most of us have experienced changes and uncertainty. Some of us are working from home, have lost our jobs and/or income, or may be learning how to meet our children’s educational needs at home. Changes and uncertainty can bring additional stress in our lives, but rest assured that experiencing stress during times of uncertainty and change is normal.
We are all going through this together. So, what can we do to address the stress so that it does not have a negative impact on our health? Below are tips that you can follow to help manage stress.
- Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Take a relaxing bath or shower.
- Take 10 minutes in the morning to reflect on what you are thankful for.
- Watch a movie/show or talk to someone that makes you laugh.
- Listen to music.
- Tell someone that you love them and are thankful for them.
- Forgive yourself for mistakes.
- Get out and enjoy nature.
More information for managing stress can be found at https://www.uaex.uada.edu/life-skills-wellness/personal-family-well-being/personal/managing-stress.aspx .