Strawberry Icebox Cake
Are you looking for a healthy, easy, few ingredient dessert that satisfies your sweet tooth? Try out this recipe!
If you're like me, you feel like you have to finish dinner with a dessert. I hate all the calories that come with all the yummy desserts and different ice cream creations out there. I found this recipe and added my own twist to it.
It is light, refreshing, easy to make and oh so delicious!
This is a perfect recipe to let kids make. They can learn safe knife and oven skills (if you choose to use the oven). This recipe also allows for creativity. It doesn't have to be followed exactly. Kids can add whatever fruit they like and assemble it in any order they want.
- (2) 8 oz Sugar Free or Lite Cool Whip
- 1 lb. Strawberries, sliced
- Graham Crackers
- Optional: Blueberries or other fruit of choice
- Optional: Pecans
- Rinse strawberries and blueberries (if using). Slice Strawberries and set both aside.
- Grab an 8x8 baking dish. Layer the bottom with 1/2 container of cool whip.
- Layer graham crackers on top of cool whip. Breaking crackers are needed to cover.
- Add another layer of cool whip. Top with fruit.
- Continue adding a layer of graham crackers, cool whip and fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Optional: Preheat over to 350 degrees. Break 1/2 a pack of graham crackers into bite sized pieces, don't crush. Break up 1-2 cups of pecans and add to graham crackers. Layer bottom of 8x8 dish with mixture. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. After crust has cooled, complete steps 1-6 and top with pecans.