Who doesn't want to save money, especially during the hectic back to school season? Find out details of this annual tax free holiday and learn what you can save money on in August.
2017 Sales Tax Holiday
Don't miss the opportunity to shop sales tax-free! Save money and get all of your back to school items including clothes and art supplies for the coming school year!
- Begins at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday August 5, 2017
- Ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday August 6, 2017
No state or local tax will be collected on:
- Clothing (less than $100 per item) including shoes, jackets, socks, and more
- Clothing accessories and equipment if the sales price is less than $50 per item
- School supplies including binders, markers, lunch boxes, rulers, pencils
- School ART supplies including clay, watercolors, paints and brushes
- School instructional materials including reference books, textbooks, maps and globes
A few of the items NOT INCLUDED in the tax free weekend:
- hair bows
State and local sales tax will not be collected during this 48-hour period on the sale of: (1) Clothing and footwear if the sales price is less than one hundred dollars ($100) per item; (2) Clothing accessories and equipment if the sales price is less than fifty dollars ($50) per item; (3) School supplies; (4) School art supplies; and (5) School instructional materials.
For more information, contact a customer service representative by phone Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at (501) 682-7104.