Preventing Stormwater Pollution: What We Can Do -
Protecting water quality requires that all employees do their part to prevent storm water pollution.
Tips for Fueling
- Clean fueling areas often using approved methods.
- DO NOT top off fuel tank.
- Know location of emergency pump shut- off button.
- Maintain vehicles and equipment in designated areas.
- Park damaged, leaking, or dirty vehicles under cover.
- Keep maintenance areas clean by promptly disposing of waste.
- Recycle or properly dispose of all used fluids, hydraulic filters, and batteries.
- Store all used fluids in properly labeled containers.
- Clean parts using designated cleaning stations.
- Allow parts to fully drain before removing from cleaning station.
Leaks and Spills
- Inspect for leaks or stains around vehicles and equipment.
- Immediately clean up spills.
Shop and Pavement Cleaning
- DO NOT hose down outside work areas.
- use dry methods to clean work area.
- Dispose of mop water properly.
- Clean outside work areas when rain is forecast.
- Wash equipment and vehicles in designated facilities.