2018 ‘Yield of Dreams’ production meeting schedule released
By the U of A System Division of Agriculture
Nov. 22, 2017
- Winter production meetings offer opportunity to learn about latest agricultural research, findings
- Arkansas winter production meeting schedule kicks off in January, concludes in March
- Meetings free to attend
(Download this story in MS Word format here.)
Download the graphic here)
LITTLE ROCK – The winter months between fall harvest and spring planting offer a great opportunity for growers to get up to speed on the latest crop production research, findings and techniques from the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
Division of Agriculture extension specialists will kick off the 2018 “Yield of Dreams” winter production meeting series in early January and conclude in March. Some logistics are still being worked out, so contact your local Cooperative Extension Service office or visit http://bit.ly/YieldOfDreams2018 for the most up-to-date schedule.
- Jan. 9 – 9:30 a.m. HAZEN - Lonoke, Prairie and Pulaski counties; rice, corn, soybean, sorghum, irrigation production meeting. Caviness Fish Barn.
- Jan. 10 – 8 a.m. WEST MEMPHIS – Crittenden and Mississippi counties; rice, soybean production meeting. First Methodist Church on Missouri Street.
- Jan. 16-18 – 8 a.m. NORTH LITTLE ROCK – Arkansas Crop Management Conference. Wyndham Hotel.
- Jan. 19 – 8 a.m. WEINER – Poinsett and Craighead counties; rice, soybean meeting. Rice Festival building.
- Jan. 25 – 8 a.m. MORRILTON - River Valley Row Crop Conference, covering rice, corn and soybean production. Conway County Fairgrounds, multipurpose building.
- Jan. 26 – 8 a.m. LAKE CITY - Poinsett and Craighead counties; cotton and corn. Lake City First Baptist Church.
- Jan. 30 – 8 a.m. McCRORY – Woodruff and Cross counties; rice and soybean production meeting. Three County Fairgrounds.
- Jan. 30 – 3 p.m. DUMAS – Desha, Drew and Lincoln counties; rice, soybean production meeting. Dumas Community Center.
- Jan. 31 – 8:30 a.m. MARIANNA – Phillips and Lee counties; rice and soybean production meeting.
- Feb. 1 – 8 a.m. NEWPORT – Jackson County; rice, soybean, corn and insect pest production meeting. ASU-Newport.
- Feb. 2 –- 8 a.m. POCAHONTAS Lawrence and Randolph counties; row crop, livestock, horticulture production meeting. Black River Technical College.
- Feb. 6 -- 8 a.m. STANFORD -- Greene County rice and soybean production meeting. Stanford Baptist Church.
- Feb. 6 -- 11:30 a.m. CORNING -- Clay County rice and soybean production meeting. M.B. Ainley Community Center.
- Feb. 7 – 8:30 a.m. MARIANNA – Phillips, Lee, Monroe and St. Francis counties; corn, cotton meeting. Lon Mann Cotton Station.
- Feb. 8 – 8 a.m. STUTTGART – Arkansas County rice, soybean production meeting. Rice Research and Extension Center.
- Feb. 8 – 2 p.m. PINE BLUFF – Jefferson County rice, soybean production meeting. Location TBA.
- Feb. 9 – LEWISVILLE— Southwest Arkansas production meeting. Lafayette County Agriplex.
- Feb. 12 – 10 a.m. – McGEHEE – Southeast Arkansas corn and cotton meeting. Hoots Restaurant.
- Feb. 13 – 8 a.m. – White County rice, soybean and corn production meeting. Location TBA.
- Feb. 14 – 8:30 a.m. KEISER (tentative) – Mississippi and Crittenden counties; cotton, corn and grain production meeting. Location TBA.
- Feb. 15 – 8 a.m. RECTOR – Clay County corn and cotton production meeting; Rector Community Center.
- Feb. 16 – 8 a.m. PALESTINE – St. Francis and Monroe counties; rice and soybean production meeting. C.R. Smalls.
- Feb. 27 – 8:30 a.m. McGEHEE – Pesticide application spray clinic. Men’s Center in McGehee.
- Feb. 28 – 8:30 a.m. STUTTGART – Pesticide application spray clinic. Rice Research and Extension Center.
- March 1 – 8:30 a.m. BRINKLEY – Pesticide application spray clinic. Brinkley Community Center.
- March 6 – 8:30 a.m. NEWPORT – Pesticide application spray clinic. ASU-Newport.
- March 6 – 10 a.m. MANILA – Irrigation meeting. Community meeting room, Manila Airport.
- March 7 – 8:30 a.m. PARAGOULD – Pesticide application spray clinic. Greene County Fairgrounds.
- March 8 – 8:30 a.m. MANILA – Pesticide application spray clinic, community meeting room Manila Airport.
About the Division of Agriculture
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture’s mission is to strengthen agriculture, communities, and families by connecting trusted research to the adoption of best practices. Through the Agricultural Experiment Station and the Cooperative Extension Service, the Division of Agriculture conducts research and extension work within the nation’s historic land grant education system.
The Division of Agriculture is one of 20 entities within the University of Arkansas System. It has offices in all 75 counties in Arkansas and faculty on five system campuses.
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action institution. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate or need materials in another format, please contact your county extension office as soon as possible. Dial 711 for Arkansas Relay.
# # #
Media Contact: Mary Hightower
Dir. of Communication Services
U of A System Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service