Arkansas Extension honors employees for excellence
By Ryan McGeeney
The Cooperative Extension Service
U of A System Division of Agriculture
(Newsrooms with art: https://www.flickr.com/photos/uacescomm/albums/72157659812395873)
LITTLE ROCK — The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture honored members of the state’s Cooperative Extension Service during its annual faculty conference in late December 2015.
“The state faculty conference is one of our best opportunities each year to recognize our faculty and staff for everything they do in the service of the people of Arkansas,” Tony Windham, associate vice president for Agriculture-Extension, said.
Honors awarded during the conference include:
- County Team Award: Faulkner County. Team members include Melody Boyd, Hank Chaney, Melanie Malone, Kami Marsh, Leigh Helms and Rebecca Thomas.
- Diversity Award: Expanded Food and Nutrition Program, or EFNEP. Team members include Celia Boon, Keith Cleek, Serena Fuller, Teresa Henson, BeVerly Sims and Holley Tucker.
- Early Career Award-Classified: Angelia Anderson, or the Drew County Extension Office.
- Early Career Award-County Agent: Dianna Bowen, Lonoke County FCS agent.
- Early Career Award-Faculty: Travis Faske, plant pathologist.
- Early Career Award-Non-classified: Ray Blevins, Community & Economic Development.
- Employee of the Year Award: Dustan Clark, poultry scientist.
- Innovation Award: Soybean Science Challenge. Team members include Karen Ballard, Blake Bennett, Ray Benson, Angie Blacklaw-Freel, Sam Boyster, Mary Hightower, Terry Kirkpatrick, Chris Meux, Mary Poling, Julie Robinson, Kerry Rodtnick, Jeremy Ross and Lynn Wilson.
- Issue Team Award: 4-H Citizenship/Leadership Initiative. Team members include Angie Blacklaw-Freel, Lance Blythe, Shannon Caldwell, Amy Heck, Stacey McCullough, Janice Shofner, Anne Sortor, Priscella Thomas-Scott, Noah Washburn and Sarah Whitaker.
- Unit Team Award: Information Technology. Team members include Sheryl Baker, Sam Boyster, Becky Bridges, Amy Cole, Pat Doss, Norm Duquette, Bill Gu, Steve Hall, Steven Hefner, Bob Hilton, Susan James, Hong Kang, Bruce Knox, Wilma Lewis, Yvonne McCool, Buff McCree, Diana Morian, Andy Plunkett, Mary Poling, BeVerly Sims and Russell Wilson.
For more information about the Cooperative Extension Service, visit www.uaex.uada.edu or contact your county extension office.
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture offers all its Extension and Research programs and services without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status, and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
# # #
Media Contact: Mary Hightower
Dir. of Communication Services
U of A Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service