Jan. 10 Lonoke-Prairie-Pulaski meeting puts rice, beans, corn, sorghum production in spotlight
By Mary Hightower
U of A System Division of Agriculture
Dec, 9. 2016
- Meeting begins at 8 a.m., Carlisle First United Methodist Church
- For more info, contact Lonoke Co. Extension Service at 501-676-3124
LONOKE, Ark. – The annual Lonoke, Prairie and Pulaski County Ag Day and winter crop production meeting is set for Jan. 10 at the Carlisle First United Methodist Church.
“This meeting will cover rice, soybean, corn and grain sorghum production and growers will hear from a variety of experts in agronomy, plant pathology and insects,” said Keith Perkins, Lonoke County extension staff chair for the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture. “This is a place to get a fresh start for the 2017 growing season.”
The meeting opens at 8 a.m. at the church on 215 E. 3rd Street in Carlisle, and continuing education credits are available for crop consultants and others in the industry.
This year’s agenda:
- 8-8:45 a.m.- Yeshi Weshi, assistant professor-Plant Pathology, Division of Agriculture
- 8:45-9:30 a.m. - Jason Kelley, extension wheat and feed grains specialist, Division of Agriculture
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. - Jeremy Ross, extension soybean specialist, Division of Agriculture
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. Break
- 10:45-11:45 a.m. - Gus Lorenz, extension entomologist, Division of Agriculture
- 11:45 a.m. -12:30 p.m. - Lunch/FCS Poster/2016 County Demonstration/Sponsor Slide Show
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. - Jarrod Hardke, extension rice agronomist, Division of Agriculture
- 1:30 p.m. ‘til finish - Bob Scott, extension weed scientist, Division of Agriculture
For more information, contact the Lonoke County Extension Office, 501-676-3124.
For a list of winter production meetings around Arkansas, visit http://uaex.uada.edu/farm-ranch/crops-commercial-horticulture/ag-tech-calendar.aspx. Visit frequently for updates.
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture offers all its Extension and Research programs to all eligible persons without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status, and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
# # #
Media Contact: Mary Hightower
Dir. of Communication Services
U of A Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service