Backyard poultry workshops in De Queen, Huntsville
- Workshops scheduled for backyard poultry growers
- Workshops will discuss poultry health, other issues
By The Cooperative Extension Service
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Two additional backyard poultry workshops have been scheduled at De Queen and Huntsville for flock owners who want to learn more about raising their birds, including protecting them from avian flu.
“With outbreaks of avian flu in several states, we’ve been getting questions from people who have backyard poultry,” said Dustan Clark, an extension veterinarian for the Division of Agriculture and associate director of the Center of Excellence for Poultry Science. “These workshops will provide a chance to sharpen skills and ask questions about caring for their flocks.”
Scheduled workshops include:
- Monday, March 30, 6 p.m. – Summit – Marion County Fairgrounds, Community Building. For information, contact the Marion County Extension Office at 870-449-6349.
- Tuesday, March 31, 6 p.m. – Bentonville at the Benton County Extension Office. Call the county extension office to RSVP at 479-271-1060.
- Monday, April 6, 6 p.m. -- Huntsville - Carroll Electric Building. Contact the Madison County Extension Office at (479) 738-6826.
- Tuesday, April 7, 6 p.m. -- De Queen - Cossatot Community College. Contact the Sevier County Extension Office at (870) 584-3013.
Information on biosecurity tactics are available in English, Spanish, Lao and a Hmong dialect at http://uaex.uada.edu/farm-ranch/biosecurity/default.aspx.
The Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action institution. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate or need materials in another format, please contact your County Extension office (or other appropriate office) as soon as possible. Dial 711 for Arkansas Relay.
The Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to all eligible persons regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status, and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
# # #
Media Contact: Mary Hightower
Dir. of Communication Services
U of A Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service