UACES Facebook Disaster Vendor Registration for FEMA
skip to main content
CED Blog

Disaster Vendor Registration for FEMA

by Melanie Berman and Max Franks - June 22, 2018

With the start of the hurricane season upon us, we recommend your company be registered to do business with the Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA. They are the government agency that over sees the contractors used in times of disaster. In 2017, FEMA updated their vendor database and they now use the Systems for Award Management (SAM) to search for vendors.

In SAM, the section titled “Assertion” should be updated so you may be a disaster relief vendor. As you can see below they will even allow you to pick which states you will respond to.

FEMA SAM disaster recovery registery

Also, FEMA has supplied a vendor form for companies to fill out to be used by their small business office, to show special abilities that your company can provide in certain disaster situations. Once completed, the form should be e-mailed to . Please note that submission of the vendor profile form does not place you on a preferred list of vendors to be considered for procurements; FEMA does not maintain such a list. It also does not guarantee contract award, you must continue to monitor contracting opportunity sites.

This is the link to FEMA for the vendor form.

APAC encourages businesses to get on FEMA’s bidder list now, at the start of the hurricane season, so you will be best positioned to sell to FEMA when the need arises.

Contact the Arkansas Procurement Assistance Center for any questions you may have about this process. APAC Procurement counselors can be reached at 501-671-2390 (Little Rock) or 501-650-6180 (Bentonville) as well as by e-mail at

APAC logo